Sunday 9 August 2015

Do you have bestfriend?

Yesterday I had the first meeting with my new private English course student. She wants to improve her English speaking and listening abilities thats why she's taking a course with me. I asked her to measure her level of both abilities from number 1 to 10 and she picked number 1. So, I gave her several questions in English to make sure she measured right. One of the questions was "Do you have best-friend?". She asked me back, "do you mean worldly best-friend or spiritual one?" I said any of them. Her answer was quiet surprising for me and it really changed my definition of friendship. She said she doesnt have any worldly best-friend. She only has Jesus. I was a little bit confused so I asked her the reason for giving that answer. For her, best-friend means someone who can always be by her side in sadness and happiness, someone she can tell everything to, someone she can always run to, and up to today nobody can be that person for her till she met Jesus, even her husband. So, does it mean that she doesnt appreciate those who had chances to be on her side before, those who were close to her, those who wiped her tears probably before, those who encouraged her to be someone she is today? No, she loves those people, but she realizes that human is limited. She's not blaming anyone for making her feels like she has nobody to call best-friend. She's feeling grateful instead because then Jesus can be the only best-friend she could ever have. Jesus can be the only one. Then she asked me, "how about you Ceasy?" At first I thought about people whom I call best-friends, and yes I have some but they are not here with me. I cant see or talk to them everyday. And even when we have the chance to talk to each other, we are limited by time and space. There will be times when I want to talk to them but they are too busy with their life and same thing for me, I cant always be available for them because Im limited. So, should I say that I actually dont have best-friend as well? I think so. I hope this statement wont offense anyone, especially those whom I once declared as my best-friends. You guys are awesome and you all have affected my life in so many great ways. Im so grateful having you all in my life as we were able and will be able to spend lots of great moments, talks, encouragements, prayers, etc. But, Im sure you all know that it's only Jesus who can always be 24/7 available for each of us. So, the next time when someone asks who my best-friend is, Jesus will be my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment