Sunday 9 January 2022

How Lay EXO, Jackson Wang, Jay B, D.O EXO inspired me

Years ago, when I was in middle school, I overheard a couple of friends discussing a Korean drama called "Princess Hours" during P.E. They seemed very excited about it, but I had no idea what they were so excited about. I wasn't familiar with K-drama at the time, and I was more interested in MOTO GP, Valentino Rossi, Daniel Pedrosa, and other riders. I was first introduced to Korean drama when I started university; I'm not sure what the first drama I watched was, but I remember spending hours watching one episode after the next, even until dawn. It was just my guilty pleasure, a way for me to pass the time. I didn't think much of it; I just thought of Kdramas as high-end entertainment. Throughout the 16 to 20 episodes, I would find myself laughing, crying, disappointed, and absorbed. Then I realized I was addicted to it; my sleeping habits had been ruined, and I had neglected important tasks such as housework, homework, and my health. So I decided to take a break, which I did for quite some time.

However, I eventually found my way back to be hit by the Korean wave, this time with K-pop. Since I am not a member of any fandom, I would simply start listening to any Kpop songs that I liked. GOT7, Super Junior, EXO, NCT, Stray Kids, Astro, IU, Jessie, and others were among the artists I listened to. I simply enjoy music. Then, recently, I've been feeling unmotivated to do anything. I really want to graduate from university this year, but I can't bring myself to start writing my final essay. I'm just feeling a little sluggish. As a result, I began watching videos and interviews of several idols who are known to be hard workers; I'm sure most idols are, but these specific people truly inspired me; Lay EXO, D.O EXO, Jackson Wang, and Jay B from GOT7, among others. "Wah, I wish I was as ambitious as they are, as hardworking as they are, as passionate about something, about their goals and dreams," I often thought to myself. I'm not sure what my problem is or why I'm feeling this way, but I just want to get out of this mindset, this laziness. Seeing these guys work their butt out was like a slap in the face. I'm hoping I'm not too late. I don't want to be like this any longer. No way, no how.

No comments:

Post a Comment