Monday 13 October 2014

Step by Step

Sunday, 12th October 2014

My favorite day after all. I was getting ready for the morning service, I put on my new "skort" (short-skirt) and my pink shirt. It was just another exciting Sunday. I was thinking, in a while I would see the Lifehousers; we would have a great time praising-worshiping our Lord Jesus, listening to inspiring-motivating-encouraging message to build our faith in Jesus, having people come to listen about Jesus and His greatness, and many more. Only by having those thoughts I felt so pumped up. I rode my bike singing along the way. When I got there, the room has been set up and we were almost ready for the fellowship. Then, Ka Dini and her husband arrived with a box of cake from Surabaya. I stood up and gladly received that box as others started teasing me about that but as usual I didnt care (I love cake like a lot, even better when it's free hahaha). I let Bang Gomgom (our pastor) and his wife to take the cake firstly as we followed. Sharing is the best thing to do among believers after all. When we share it's like we let people come in and be closer to us and as one family in Christ it's very important for us to love doing it.  So, we started the morning service with room packed with people as the kids church also had started the fun outside.  I loved the message delivered at that moment. It was about Esther - Godly woman in the bible, how she lived not only for herself but also for God and her people. I have read about her story before but I never really noticed about this one thing that I can learn form her story. I learned to live for others which means I need to concern about their salvation. It doesnt mean that I have the power to save them, only Jesus can save them, but it simply means that God can use me to share about His good news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to people. I have experienced God's love, His grace saves me, I have His promise of eternal life with Him in Heaven, I know for sure that Jesus is the only way, truth, and life that no one can come to the Father but through Him, I know that if we dont put our faith in Him then hell is our final destination. Why wouldnt I share this to people? I mentioned before that I love sharing, so why dont I share this amazing good news to people? My part is to share and the rest will be taken care by God; whether that person believes in Him or not, only God knows. Just do your part, sharing. By doing it, I dont live only for people but also for God since I become worker in His work-field. I follow His command to go out and share about Him to people. God doesnt have to use me but He wants to. He wants me to be His partner. Instead of working for Google, Microsoft or some other massive companies, it must be way more better to work with God, like really. We finished with the morning service and started to pack up. Another service to go, remix service.

I dragged piles of chairs from the back side toward the stage and began to put them in order. There were 5 of us busy preparing the room for the remix service. While dragging the chairs what I had in my mind was just getting the room ready for people to come in and listen about Jesus. It's exciting to think of room packed with young people whose hearts will be touched by God, whose life will be different after they received Jesus as their Savior, whose sins will be forgiven, whose burdens will be taken off. They will have the same hope, the same joy, the same piece, the same promise, the same faith in the same God with ours, Jesus Christ. Taking part in such a ministry is a privilege. I believe that there's no small or big part as we serve God and minister His people, since we are body of Christ so every single part is important. If we do our part well, even if it's only a "small" thing in people's eyes but it's not in His sight. When we do it, do it for Him. God sees always. He was there when I dragged the chairs, when Andri-Arudo-Bang Yos set up the curtain, when Varol put the drums in order, when any of us, His workers do our parts - He's there looking.

After the service, I and some other friends went out for dinner and planned to go watching the final show of 3030. It was the very last show and we decided to go for it. We had to be in a very long line before we could go in. After we got in we still had to wait for an hour. We killed the time by playing game, taking pictures, and teasing one another. We laughed out loud and got people's attention but it didnt matter since we just wanted to enjoy the moment. The last show was crazy. They gave all out, all the jokes and craziness. I enjoyed it. At the end of the show, I and Uma wanted to take pictures with our favorite performers. So, we waited for them and got to see them. It seemed ridiculous for some people, even some of my friends said that I looked so countrified. But for me it's all about creating memories, it doesnt matter if people look down at me because of that. It's my memory of life to be created, not theirs, so whatever they say about it bothers me not. What I mean here, just enjoy your life while you're still young, be ridiculous, dont hold yourself down. Jesus died for you so you can have the victory over death, your biggest fear. It also means that He wants you to enjoy the life that He gives to you without being afraid any longer. And while you're still young just be free (in positive way) as much as possible because things change as you get older, you have more responsibilities and less time to enjoy yourself. So, if people stare at you strangely as you try to enjoy the moment and create memories just let them see it. Dont ever let them ruin your moment. At the end of the day you will lay down on your bed all alone thinking about things you have done for the day, if you let people interrupt your chance to enjoy the moment I bet you will regret it. So dont!


No comments:

Post a Comment