Sunday 12 October 2014

Step by Step

Saturday, 11th October 2014

I woke up seeing my bedroom was in a mess, I thought I still have time to clean it but I didnt. I went to my bathroom and took only few minutes in it before I dressed up. As usual we, Lifehousers, have this program called COME2US. Through this program we spread the flyers of Blaze to students and university students. Recently, we will get together firstly in CK Renon Park, park our motorbikes there and leave with Bang Gomgom's car. Today, Andri arrived first as I followed, then Tian. They went into CK to buy breakfast, but I went toward different direction to an old woman with her bike with big basket filled with wrapped rice, big-sliced fruit (papaya, watermelon and melon), sweet potatoes etc. I bought 2 big slices of papaya and 1 sweet potato for my breakfast (since I claimed to be doing carbo diet). We were still waiting for Tiff, Bang Gomgom and Simon while had breakfast. After everyone got together, we left CK but I couldnt find my keys. I looked around and realized that someone had found it. I left my keys inside the old woman's basket before, I've been so careless. Inside the car, they told me to sit alone in the back but I didnt want to so four of us (I, Tian, Tiff and Simon) squeezed in the second row. Our first destination was STIKI, we've been there before but none of them really stayed so we decided to give it another try. We broke into two groups, I was in the same team with Tiff and Tian. We started to spread the flyers and I got a call from my boss' husband saying that he wanted to go to the studio to work on his wife's little shop. He wanted me to make sure that the studio was empty, I told him I would have to call Bree-the instructor. When I called her, she said she had left the studio because the power went off. I got surprised thinking that it must be because I forgot to refill the power. I was freaking out. I was afraid if my boss' husband figured it out when he arrived in the studio. I then decided to leave STIKI and went back to CK to take my motorbike. It was a long suffering. I had to wait for a very long time to get into the public transport three times (Bali needs more public transport) and then spent my 10K for only a short trip with the motorbike-taxi. It didnt really matter since I was in hurry. I jumped onto my motorbike and rode it as fast as I could toward my workplace. I coulndt stop praying, asking God that things would be just fine. It was a very hot day but I didnt care. Later, I figured out that the power went off directly from its center, it had nothing to do with me. I met my boss' husband as he was almost done hanging and putting all the clothes out to be sold. I got to help him a little bit and things went well. I thanked God but also I felt stupid that I worried too much and left the team. Lesson learned. 

On my way home, I felt so tired and sleepy along the way. It must be because of the day temperature, it sucked all of my energy. I even almost hit somebody, thank God He protected me. I fell asleep as I arrived in my dorm (my room was still in a mess). Few hours later I woke up and it was almost 5 o'clock. We had planned to play badminton at 5.30 (one of Lifehouse's small events called Badminton Fun Day). I didnt take a bath since I would get sweaty after all. The event ran well, we had some new friends, I got to know a friend named Tias a little more, everyone had some fun. I went home early with Sindi, a friend. She wanted to go to my place to take a bath. I warned her that my place wouldnt delight her but she insisted so I said yes. I left my room in a mess and found it in the same condition and Sindi got to see it (it was embarrassing, really). Sindi is a moslem and I have two dogs (they're not mine actually, they belong to my dorm's owner), so we struggled before she could take a bath. I had to make sure that the dogs wouldnt be able to go after her. Another problem solved after I had those dogs in their cage. We both then ready to go to watch the laser performance held by a network provider called 3. It's a free entry event with fabulous performance, they played drama using laser, it amazed me a lot. I actually have watched it three times but they still entertained me. The last show would start at 10 pm so I went to Kedai Bamboo firstly to help Andri and Simon prepared the room for our morning service tomorrow. People were still using the room so we waited. We discussed about things dealing with the church. As leaders we see things, find troubles, and discuss about it. We love to do it. The clock hit 10 pm but the people had not left. We were about to go to watch the laser performance firstly then the room was finally empty. We stayed and prepared the room. When we finished, the laser performance had started; we didnt get the chance to watch it. I was okay with it (I watched it three times already, come on). We took pictures of us holding the tickets with sad faces, pretending that we were dissapointed but we were not. We joked a lot, laughed, teased one another then decided to find something to eat. Baked corns became our choice for dinner. As we ate it, Simon stood up and started to lead us playing some weird games. I didnt even know how to play them till the last game we played. I was playing prank on him saying that if I were a psychopath I would have killed him because of those annoying games he made up. We stayed up until 1.30 in the morning then decided to go home. It was a lot of fun spending my time with them. They are good friends to be around with. They will not take their friends for granted, they love to share, they love to support, they love to help, they love Jesus. Having them as your friends will surely make you feel better about your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment